I am a well rounded professional with over fifteen years of experience in web, database and mobile application development in multiple industries.
- Ruby on Rails
- Unity 3D/C#
- Oracle PL/SQL
- RESTful Web API
- Responsive Design
- BigIP Load Balancer
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Balsamiq Mockups
- MS Office & Visio
- UML Modeling
January 2015 - present
- Conceptualize, Design and Develop mobile applications and games
- Publishing and marketing of mobile applications and games
- Consulting engagements with web development and strategy
Sr. Software Architect
May 2005 - Dec 2014
DP DHL US (Global Mail and eCommerce)
- Experienced with full software development life cycle while leading a team of web and database developers in the implementation of complex projects.
- Worked closely with business development team on strategic initiatives
- Created and lead DevOps Team at DP DHL US in order to improve communication and collaboration between development and operations teams.
- Responsible for collecting requirements from business users; translating requirements into wireframes and mockups; presenting finished web concepts to business users for sign off.
- Architected solutions and developed specifications and supporting technical documentation used in development of solutions, including database diagrams and object oriented models.
- Brought innovative solutions to complex problems in the areas of tracking, reporting, order handling and transactional data processing systems.
- Led development of unified tracking solution for all regions of DP DHL Mail division
- Developed an HTML5 logistics reporting platform with a flexible architecture to allow new reports to be designed in minutes and exported in a variety of physical file formats.
- Designed custom Oracle replication solution to move large volumes of application data from 19 remote facilities into a single central database.
- Architected and Developed three different versions of a web based reporting portal over a period of 7 years. Application features a drag and drop user interface, customizable reports, physical file generation, map based reporting and dynamic sorting and paging through volumes of data.
- Architected a data mart and refreshing engine utilizing advanced Oracle data warehousing techniques to facilitate reporting on transactional data using web applications.
2004 - 2005
- Consulted on a variety of projects for companies in the Atlanta, GA area.
- Developed content management system and CSS template for Ryla Teleservices website, as well as search engine, print template, contact form and a dynamic site map.
- Developed a Document Management tool for Enterprise Capital Management, used to maintain documents related to various mutual funds. The tool enabled staff members to more efficiently manage over 800 online documents, increasing overall productivity. The front-end display pages were then integrated into the Enterprise website to seamlessly display the literature entries on the appropriate mutual fund pages.
1999 - 2004
- Designed, developed and posted content to numerous newspaper web sites including The State (Columbia, SC), the Myrtle Beach Sun News and other medium size market newspapers.
- Developed a football site for The State newspaper in Columbia, SC. The site was able to support content for multiple football sites, including GoGamecocks.com and HowardsRock.com (Clemson Tigers), using a single set of administrative tools. The sites featured various functionality, including articles, player profiles, player and game stats, photo galleries, multimedia, and user polls.
- Integrated multiple newspaper content systems with databases to feed articles to web sites.
- Produced and edited numerous video clips for display on news sites using digital video camera and Adobe Premiere. Worked with Real Audio and Windows Media servers.
B.S. Technical Communication
Minor - Business
Mercer University School of Engineering
- 2014 DHL First Choice Award Winner
- 2007 DHL Delivering Excellence Nominee
Certifications and Training
- Situational Leadership
- Project Management Principles and Practice
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design with UML
- Java Programming
- Enterprise Java Beans and J2EE
- Adobe Flex 2: Developing Rich Client Applications